Inspiration Village: an ephemeral hub located in Ottawa’s historic ByWard Market.
May 20 – September 4
A core site for Ottawa 2017 programming, this edgy-looking entertainment locale on York Street is the site of a succession of special exhibits and performing arts events, each one showcasing Canada’s provinces and territories.
In an unusual twist, Inspiration Village has been built out of sea containers transformed into an aesthetic artistic installation – a sustainable, cost-effective and flexible building material that is gaining interest around the world.
Inspiration Village is open daily from noon to 8 p.m. (until 10 p.m. on Canada Day) with exhibits, demonstrations and performances. Among the many activities, visitors are able to:
- step inside a sound studio and share stories about Canada and their vision for the future of our country;
- enjoy culinary demonstrations showcasing Canadian food culture from across the nation;
- dress-up in Canadian-themed costumes and props at the Inspiration Village Photo Booth;
- take a guided virtual tour of Parks Canada’s natural and cultural treasures from coast-to-coast-to coast;
- express their creativity and imagine the next great Canadian invention at the Build A Nation Station;
- take their photo in cut-outs of polar bears and beluga whales;
- take-in live dance, musical and artistic performances representing all provinces and territories as well as local up and coming artists and previews of Ottawa area festivals;
- discover and connect with the incredible diversity of land, history and awe-inspiring places to explore and experience in Canada;
- and much, much more!
More information here: http://www.ottawa2017.ca/events/signature-events/inspiration-village/