Discover hidden gems, architectural marvels, cultural hot spots and natural splendour in these free, self-guided tours.
Toronto offers a variety of free walking self-guided walking tours that allow visitors to explore the city’s history, architecture, and culture. These tours are led by knowledgeable and passionate guides, who provide interesting commentary and insights about the city.
Some popular walking tours include the Downtown Highlights Tour, which covers landmarks like City Hall, the CN Tower, and the Financial District; the Graffiti and Street Art Tour, which explores the city’s vibrant street art scene; and St. Lawrence Market and Old Town Tour, which takes visitors through historic neighbourhoods and markets.
Here is the list of the 7 self-guided walking tours:
- ArtworxTO Tours -Close-up of a person’s hand drawing a colourful mural on the pavement.
- Cultural Hotspot Tours – Explore beyond Toronto’s downtown core and discover hidden gems with 49 self-guided walking tours.
- StrollTO – Find 140 guided itineraries of Toronto neighbourhoods.
- Discovery Tours – Search through a variety of nature walks across the city.
- Architectural Tours – Discover historic and modern architecture within Toronto.
- Urban Tours – Join a guided walk through the downtown core.
- Historical Tours – Immerse yourself in the city’s history and discover surprising stories and inspiring figures.
Taking a walking tour is a great way to see the city’s highlights and get a sense of its character and history, all while getting some exercise and fresh air. And best of all, it won’t cost you a dime!